Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Amelia Earhart W9 reading

 Hey everyone!

WALT: Locate and summarise important information from a range of related texts.

This week we've been learning about famous people. There are 8 books. They are: Amelia Earhart, Albert Einstein, Martin Luther King jr, Anne Frank, Nelson Mandela, Walt Disney, Graham Alexander Bell and Thomas Edison. The book choice that I chose is Amelia Earhart.

The Amelia Earhart book is about this girl who was the first woman to fly a plane. She bought a bright yellowed airplane. But years later she died in a plane crash. However her body was never found after the plane crash like 200 and something years ago.

Both the complementary and challenge text is about Amelia Earhart.

Create task 1 is about making an copy of a google drawing. and filling in each section.

Create task 2 is about creating a fact file about a person. Then present our answer to the question: How was that person a inspiration? Then choose five things that the person did to an inspiration.

Create task 3 is about what does inspiration mean? Come up with our own definition and how we can be an inspiration to others.

Here are my create tasks!

Create task 1:

Create task 2:

Create task 3:



Hope you enjoyed it! Good bye!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    I enjoyed reading your blog about Amelia Earhart this week! She sounds like a very brave woman to fly by herself across the Atlantic Ocean. Do you think you would be brave enough to do that by yourself?
    Mrs Hawkins :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!