Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Matariki reading create week 8

 Hey everyone!

WALT: Summarise and analyse ideas and information from different texts.

This week we have been learning about Matariki. There are 2 videos and 2 texts to read. The 4 of them are about Matariki. Task one is watching and reading all the texts and making a copy of a google doc and filling in each box. Each box is about one of the texts or videos. There are four can dos you can do they are: Animate, Venn diagram, word search and the last is Tawhirimatea. But you can choose any 2. The 2 can dos that I chose is the Venn diagram and the Word search.

I enjoyed the word search because it's very fun. Plus I LOVE word searches.

What was hard for me is the word search because there are 30 words to find and the word search is literally huge!

Here my google doc and the venn diagram and word search:









___________________________________________________________

Glossary for word find:

Matariki: The seven stars

Whetu: Star

    Stars: Sparkles in the night sky

Korero: Talking, reading

Kai: Food

Food: Eating

Land: Nature, grass and the trees

Whenua: Also land

Family: Loving kind people you live with

Whanau: Family

Event: Parties

Constellation: Stars

Harvest: Farming

Plaiades: Seven sisters of Atlantic

Maori new year: Matariki

Pipiri: First lunar month of year

June: Month of Matariki

Reflection: Looking back to something

Celebration: Having a family reunion

Future: Whats in front of you

past: Whats behind you

Present: Whats happening now

Marmataka: Moari lunar calendar

Pataka: Storehouse

Storehouse: Whats stored inside of the storehouse

Wairua: Spirit of a person which exists beyond death

spirit: Somebody watching

Calendar: Keep track of time

Lunar: New moon

Waiti: Sweet

____________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed my Matariki work from this week!

Good bye!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!