Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Rata and the totara tree - Reading

  Hey Bloggers!

WALT: Analyse and evaluate the actions and storylines of Maori myths and legends.

This week at school for reading, the whole class including me, we only for 4 book choices. Since it maori language week, all the 4 book choices were like moari or something.
These are the 4 book choices: The creation of night and day, Kupe and the giant wheke (Octopus), How Maui discovered fire and the last one is Rata and the Totara tree. So the book that I chose to read about it Rata and the Totara tree.


The book Rata and the totara tree is about, This guy named Rata found this very tall tree and he started chopping it down. Later when it was chopped down he went to bed or something, The next day he went back to the tree and saw it standing back up, as if he never ever even chopped it down. Then he kept doing the same thing for 1 or 2 more days. Then at night he was watching if if stood back up. Then he saw lots and lots of animal fixing it back up. Then he said what were they doing with his tree, and the animals said its not his tree. The animals said that he didn't ask for permission to cut it down. Then they said that he wouldn't get punished or something because he forgot.


There are 3 reading create tasks,
For create task 1, we had to analyse our story. We had to get this piece of paper thing, And write something in each box. Like who the characters are, Where is was set and stuff.

Here's create task 1:
(I'm sorry if you cant read it)

For create task 2, we had to Evaluate the actions of the characters. So we had to make a copy of a google drawing and give three reasons with evidence to why we agree or disagree.
Here is create task 2!

And for create task 3 we had to make a glossary the Te Reo Kupu we found in our story. And make a copy of a glossary plan. use the moari dictionary for the definition, But we had to make sure we chose the right one using the context passage. The we had to use Animaker, Bitable or Renderforest to create a digital glossary.
I haven't done create task 3 yet, but I hoped you enjoyed it!
Bye!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!