Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2021

The Hungry wave T2W4

Hey everyone!
WALT: Use prior knowledge when making text-to-text connections. 
This at school everyone in my class were doing reading create tasks. There were 3 create tasks. The 1st create task was making a copy of an google drawing, fill in each box but summarising it.
For the 2nd create task we had to design a poster about the natural disaster that were featured in the story that we were reading. We had to include a family meeting area, emergency kit if someone gets hurt, food supply if someone is starving, Civil defence in your area and anything else you could include.
So then for create task 3, we had to imagine that we were the reporter of the press. Fill in each box on the sheet, then getting it checked off and making an copy of a google drawing and filling it in. 
There were 6 book choices. The 6 book choices are:
Astrolabe reef, Paekakariki flood, swallowed by the sea, The hungry wave, Christchurch Earthquake and Cyclone tokotoru.
The reading book that I chose for this week was the hungry wave. The hungry wave is about A girl named Ana being carried away by a Tsunami in her town and her big brother Niko rescuing her.

Here are the create tasks that I did:



Create task 2:




Create task 3:




 
Hope you enjoyed my reading work!
Good bye!!!
  




4 comments:

  1. hey Cynthia
    i love how you gave me a great description at the start. so cool. i also like how you also gave us retell of the story. Now i no what the story is about. You also remembered the WALT i am done away well done Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlotte,
      Thank you for the comment it was really nice!

      Delete
  2. Hey Cynthia !
    Great job on your work . It was long and most important of all it was descriptive . great job on remembering your WALT !
    -Hannaneh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO Hannaneh!
      Thanks for the comment! The comment is really nice!

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!