Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

Penguins

                             Penguins

Dear readers did you know about penguins? 
Penguins are super cute animals.In this information report you will learn about what they eat, what they look like, where they live and what are their predators. I hope you enjoy my information report.

                                                     What do penguins look like?
 Penguins have a layer of blubber that keeps the penguin warm when it is under water. They have big webbed feet for better steering. It has layers of soft feathers that trap heat. Stiff oily feathers on top keeps out water. Penguins are perfect for their lives at sea. They have a sleek shape for speed.

                                                         What do penguins eat?
 Some things that penguins eat are fish, squid and krill. Penguins swim under the ice to find fish and krill. They dive deep to find squid and deep-sea fish. Like other penguins, the gentoo brings up food from its stomach to feed its chick. 

                                                        Where do penguins live? 
All penguins live between the equator on the south pole. Some live in very cold places some live in warmer places like Africa or Australia. Penguins live on islands, on coast and even icebergs in the sea. Penguins just need to be near water, because they spend most of their lives in water. 

                                                     What are penguins predators?
 While penguins are slurping down their dinner. They have to be careful not to end up as dinner themselves. Penguins are the favourite food of marine animals such as leopard seals and killer whales. Penguins are also endangered on land. Birds like skua, the Australia sea eagle, and the giant petrels eat penguins. Even cats, snakes, foxes and rats eat penguins when they can. 

 I hope you enjoyed my information report. What would you do if you’ve seen a penguin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post!